When a woman’s breasts begin to sag and lose firmness, it may be time to consider getting a breast lift. A breast lift can raise breasts that are sagging and deflated due to aging, pregnancy, or weight fluctuations. This surgical procedure removes stretched tissue and repositions the breasts to improve their contour. If desired, women can undergo breast augmentation in conjunction with breast lift surgery to enhance the size, as well as the position of their breasts.
Breast lift surgery can correct:
- Mild, moderate, or severe breast sagging
- Downward-pointing areolas
- Downward-pointing nipples that hang below the breast crease
- Diminished breast firmness
Dr. Barlow will perform your breast lift using one of the following surgical techniques:
- Crescent Lift: Ideal for the correction of slight breast sagging, the crescent lift involves a crescent-shaped incision around the nipple. This is the least invasive option for a breast lift and provides the most subtle results. A small amount of tissue is removed, and scarring is inconspicuous.
- Benelli Lift: Ideal for the correction of mild sagging and slight nipple asymmetry, the Benelli lift removes a doughnut-shaped amount of tissue from around the nipple. Scarring is relatively inconspicuous, and the breasts can be raised and made to appear more symmetrical.
- Lollipop Lift: Ideal for the correction of stretched nipples and moderate breast sagging, the lollipop lift makes a lollipop-shaped incision that circles the nipple and extends vertically downward to the breast crease. This technique removes excess tissue to lift low-hanging breasts.
- Anchor Lift: Ideal for the correction of severe breast sagging, this technique combines a lollipop incision with a horizontal incision along the breast crease. The anchor lift offers the most extensive correction and lift for severe breast sagging.
The results of breast lift surgery are long lasting and can dramatically improve the appearance of your breasts by enhancing their shape, position, and firmness. The amount of scarring varies based on surgical technique; however, all scars are as inconspicuous as possible and will fade over time. After the procedure, your breasts will continue to age naturally. To find out more about how a breast lift could improve the appearance of your breasts, schedule your personal consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Haven Barlow. To book your appointment today, please call Annapolis at 410-224-2395 or Tyson’s Corner at 703-448-3800 or fill out our online contact form.